How To Measure Your Rings Size – A Complete Guide:
If you are getting married or engaged soon. Then buying a perfect wedding dream must be your dream. All humans are very possessive about their wedding rings, of course, it is one of the most important events of your life and you don’t want any kind of glitch in it. Selecting your wedding ring must be tricky, as there are tons of designs and types in the market. But the most crucial thing is to measure your rings size.
I usually recommend people to call size experts. You can find several size experts in different jewelry shops or malls. A size expert has exact units and perfect measuring skills, so there is less chance of mistakes. But if you are buying a ring for someone else or you don’t have access to any size expert then you can measure ring size at home too.
There are different ways of measuring your ring size. You can measure your ring size at home by just following some simple tips. So below is a brief guide on how to measure ring size at home. Let’s have a look at it.
Measuring with a Measuring Tape:
One of the most common tools that are used for measurement at home is a Measuring tape. It is also known as inches tape and almost every household has 1-2 measuring tapes. It is one of the easiest and most accurate ways of measuring your ring size. Follow the steps below carefully.
- First of all, take a measuring tape, and wrap it around your finger.
- Once you have pulled it around in a circular manner, adjust the size of the circle. Look carefully when it gets comfortable.
- If you are measuring Uk ring size in mm, then notice size in millimeters. You can use a size chart or guide (given on jewelry websites) to get some guidance.
Measure Your Rings Size With String And Paper:
If you don’t have any measuring tape at home, then don’t worry. There are other ways of measuring your ring size in the UK. All you need to do is just grab a string, you can use a piece of dental floss as well or paper and look at the steps below.
- Wrap string, paper, or dental floss across your fingers carefully
- Now, adjust the size carefully, check when it gets comfortable
- Now while using a pen mark the point where two ends meet
- Now measure the string with the help of a ruler. If you want to measure ring size in cm (centimeters) use a cm scale
- Now use a ring chart and find the closest measurements according to your ring size
Use any Existing Well fitted Rings:
If you are planning to surprise someone, then it’s difficult to take their ring size using an inch of tape or string. The best day to take their exact size is to borrow one of their existing well-fitted rings. And measure the diameter of the ring. Remember that, when measuring a size, always measure the inner width of the ring.
Some more tips to remember while taking Ring Measurements:
There are some important tips to remember to take exact measurements.
- Don’t go on first-time measurements. Repeat the same procedure 2-3 times to make sure you have taken the right size.
- Measure the ring size at the time of the day when your fingers are warm and relaxed. During hectic times, fingers are swollen sometimes. It might hinder taking the right size.
- In some cases, the knuckle is bigger than the actual ring size. So it’s better to take measurements of both the knuckle and the finger.
- Remember that the ring should fit comfortably. It should snug around the finger easily.
- Remember that the fingers of the dominant hand are bigger as compared to the other one. So if your partner or you are left-handed then a ring size could be a little bigger.
- Your finger size is changing at different times of the day. It might expand or get smaller with different activities. Also, weather conditions always have an impact on finger sizes. They are bigger in summer and slightly smaller in winter. So always keep a little room while taking measurements.
- Women’s Average ring size in Uk is 51.2mm to 52.5mm. Men’s ring size in the UK is 60.2mm to 61.4mm.
Interesting truth about Measuring a ring size:
Head of commerce in diamond Factory Ben Stinson stated an interesting fact about the rings and their sizes. He said that a lot of people get their ring size wrong. Almost 30% of engagement rings come back to our factory for resizing. Well getting a perfect size is not the major issue of your life, but engagement rings should perfectly fit. A perfect-sized ring can add more charm and magic to the moment.
Tips to get your partner ring Size:
If you are planning to propose to your best friend, a co-worker, or your crush, then the most important thing you are looking for is a Perfect diamond ring. The question is how to get an accurate ring size of your partner. Well, there are some of the tips that might help you in this cause:
- Ask his/her friends, parents, or a family member to help
- Grab a ring that your partner wears daily
- Take a close picture of your partner’s hand and show it to the expert in a jewelry shop. Some experts have the skills to guess the right size by just looking at the hand’s picture
Measuring a ring size is tricky, a small mistake can lead you to big trouble. How about wearing your ring on your wedding day and it’s either too loose or too tight? Even imagining it is giving me chills. No one deserves this situation in your life. So to avoid the wrong ring size moment follow the above guide carefully. Always remember the measuring unit to avoid any kind of mistake.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes then feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below.